Can't Launch StarMade: SQLException: error in script file line

Reaction score
    I just bought StarMade yesterday from Steam. Yesterday I could play it fine, but now whenever I launch it, it goes to the launcher, then when I click "Start Game" it goes to the page where you can set graphics settings and stuff. Then when I click OK, it comes up with the StarMade Connector, which says connecting, then another window pops up saying Critical Error
    SQLException: error in script file line: C:\Program Files (86x)\Steam\SteamApps\common\StarMade\StarMade\server-database\world0\index 73

(world0 is with a zero, not an o)

From there I can select Continue and Exit, which both shut down StarMade. It suggests reinstalling StarMade, which I did, to no avail. Anyone know what's going on?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It sounds like the universe database got corrupted. In the second launcher (the narrow one titled StarMade Connection Setup), among the menu options, click on "Tools", and then click on "Reset All Worlds" to reset the database.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    How exactly does the world get corrupted? Might be handy to know but then again preventing it wouldn't be likely. Ended up with this same error too and though it was strange.