Can't Dock "Target Incompatible"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I keep getting this error when docking larger ships. I have a faction module with identical settings on both a station and my ship, the docking ring is twice the size of the ship, however my ship will not dock and I keep getting the "Target Incompatible" erro message.

Is this a bug, is it supposed to be this way, or am I missing something?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had the same issue, but found out that I was aiming at the wrong thing. Try and move the Docking module above the rest, and then aim at that. It should work since I did have the same issue, untill I aimed shot and waited about 3-5 seconds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The docking module is one block above everything else. I\'m fairly certain I\'m hitting it, as before I upgraded the docking ring it was telling me the ring was to small.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok there are two things that could produce that error message from my experience.

Firstly, is the docking area too small. You should get a message saying the dock is too small but sometimes incompatable is the message given.

Secondly, do you have any turrets or ships docked to your ship as that is currently another reason why your ship may get incompatible. My ship needs to disconnect all the turrets in order to dock at my space station. It is rather annoying.

Sometimes nothing is wrong and get that message but after a couple of attempts I dock.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thanks for the answer, neither was the case. It seems to have somthing to do with the station. It seems like the faction ID\'s from the station don\'t get applied to the docking module.... my solution was to build a ship, that was fixed to the station, and use it as a \"docking ring\"