Cannot open a Server

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok here's the issue. I'm trying to create a server so that my friends can join me. I've forwarded ports using BitTorrent, that works. However, I am told that launching the server through the launcher itself is not the best way to do it. And instead open ur folder on the desktop and run the Starmade-dedicated-server-windows.bat , has a better connection. So this is where my problem comes in.

Upon opening the Batch file I get a CMD that pops up then closes, for a very brief moment. However I can get the CMD to stay open if i launch the bat through cmd. The error is as follows:

C:\Users\Price\java -Xms512 - Xmx1024 -Xincgc -Xshare:eek:ff -jar StarMade.jar -Server

'java' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any ideas? All ive been able to gather is it doesnt know what java is, but ive tried making paths to the java bin, it doesn't like that. Tried alot of different approaches and still no luck. I only hope someone out there more capable than I will have the answer.

Thankyou for your time.

(I'm running Windows 64bit and Java7)