By "Volume Units" you mean "Mass Units," right?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Because grey hull and grey standard armor take up the same amount of space (volume) when placed, but GSA registers as higher "volume" in storage. They both fill exactly one block of space, so identical volume.

Is the intent a difference of MASS?

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I believe the use of actual mass is only temporary. Once cargo is used more often in commerce and freight hauling adjustments will be made to how much "volume" cargo uses.

Reaction score
    I think they're just arbitrary stats based on balancing ideas. If they use actual volume, most blocks would be the same size.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • While volume is just the mass number at the moment, we'll be adjusting the values up and down. SO a really small item like say, paint, will have the number go lower. For something like rock, because it's planet terrain and big and bulky, the number probably will go up. It'll make storing the small stuff easier and the big cumbersome stuff harder. So mining ships will probably need more space while on your shipyards you won't need as much. It was just easier to port the mass numbers over for now.
    • The above volume tweaks will result obviously in us changing the values for capacity, whether up or down, we'll see and obviously threads like this help us to that end, but just so you're aware, volume numbers will be a lot more dynamic.
    I think this is the answer you are looking for.

Reactions: GRHayes

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Block storage volume is currently equal to mass. However, this can be changed via config and may be rebalanced by default in the future, so the UI does not say "Mass".

Reactions: nightrune