Buying recipes with credits - because it makes sense

Reaction score
    Tell me one thing. If you want to get cookbook, do you pay for it with apples/potatoes/tomatos, etc.?

Or if you buy source code (read: recipe for a (hopefully) working program) from programmer, do you pay with floppies or other computer hardware?

Yet in starbound you pay for recipes using materials. Why is it so? Why you can't buy them using, yanno, MONEY?

This doesn't even make sense!

Reaction score
    would at least like the option to pay with credits, it is quite anoying trying to get 5000 of something only to get a realy crap recipe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    5000 is a config option. Some servers are only requiring 10 items.

Reaction score
    Go to book store and try to buy any book using items related to that book. Tell how it went.

Seriously, current setup doesn\'t make any sense.

Reaction score
    I think you need the material because it\'s harder. Credits are far too easy to get, and one good recipe bought with credits could make lots of credits in manufacturing. Ok, a lot of recipes are crap, but once that\'s changed I support using materials to buy recipes.

Reaction score
    Then ask high price for recipe.

There can be multiplier to calculate recipe price and recipes would cost item\'s price in shop (not base one) * multiplier

Multiplier would be configurable in server.cfg.

It makes more sense that system currently in place.