Button Labels?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, I've seen other people in screencaps do it, and I can't figure it out.

Text labels on buttons, how do I do it?

As in, I've seen where someone made a keypad of buttons and labeled them 1-0 on the face of the buttons.

Photoshop trickery, or is there a legit option for it I can't find?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ah ha!

I knew I could push text off the monitors, but never even thought of doing half of this stuff. I love it!

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    OK... I REALLY hope that they leave this bug. Erm.. Feature in the game. No really, don't fix the "Text off screen bug". Ever. lol. pretty sweet stuff in that vid.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    OK... I REALLY hope that they leave this bug. Erm.. Feature in the game. No really, don't fix the "Text off screen bug". Ever. lol. pretty sweet stuff in that vid.
    I hope they give us a tag that will let us move the text in any direction so we are not limited to just going off to the right and the further you go the less text you can use.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I hope they give us a tag that will let us move the text in any direction so we are not limited to just going off to the right and the further you go the less text you can use.
    Or, a label function on the button itself. The idea with offset text using a display block is nifty, but comes with quite a design restriction in having to keep in account an invisible correct location to pull off this trick. ;)

Greets,

Jan

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A tag in front of a label to enable displays would be an interesting way to reward more knowledgeable/studious players with better builds. E.g. to make text appear on the button itself without a display block: <style>c=#AA22FF</style><display>Button Name