Building Technique?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been having trouble building large ships like some of the Halo ships I've been attempting. They always just look wierd or off scale. Are there any techniques people use that may help me?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you start out trying to replicate some pretty advanced ships, you won\'t have the skills and knowledge required. Start out experimenting with your own designs. Just drop a ship core down and start building until you have something you like, then expand on it.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Granted, I personally think a well-designed ship that is of the creator\'s own mind is better than any old replica. Ignore the copies of ships, and make something amazing. You\'ve got it in you, all you have to do is try to build something you designed.

Reaction score
    Build what you see, not what you think you see.

Do proportions before details, even just a frame could work. That way you\'re not fiddling with small antennas for two hours then move away from the ship and see that it\'s horribly out of shape. Get proportions down first so that you can see problems right away, and have less to tear down to fix it.