Building Improvements.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a thread for suggestions to improve shipbuilding, I don't know if a thread like this has been made if it has than feel free to take this down. This games building is already turning out to be quite fantastic, its already miles better than building in minecraft with the inclusion of variable "brush sizes", symmetry mode, and the delete mode. These suggestions are to make it even better, if you have any suggestion of your own feel free to post them here and I will happily put them in the original post.

• Line tool: would allow you to draw voxel lines by selecting two points, this could be done vertically or any which way and possibly in variable sizes.
    • Undo: for when you make mistakes.
    • Overlap: replace one block with another.
    • Search and Replace: replace all blocks of a certain types with blocks of another, would be helpful for things like recolouring ship, upgrading a standard hull to a hardened etc.
    • Copy and paste: self explanatory.
    • Arc: similar to the line tool but with an ability to arc the lines.
    • Geometric shapes: the ability to make geometric shapes(spheres, pyramids, cones 2d conterparts as well, triangles circles) with variable dimensions and options for hollow or solid.
    • 2d fill: fills an area confined by blocks on all sides on a 2d plane, if no area is contained it will not work.
    • 3d fill: similar to 2d fill but with 3d confined areas.
    • Better Rotation: possibly use of a hotkey and a ghost image of the block before placing
    • Simpler wedges: have you be able to choose between normal blocks, slants, and corners when building with hull instead of having to collects annoying ammounts of slants.

Reaction score
    I would also like some functions for placing approximated geometric shapes (i.e. spheres, cones, pyramids, etc) easily, as some of them are difficult to do by hand.

By curves, do you mean arcs? Curves could mean anything.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Fixed my mistake, and added your suggestion to the original thread. Good ideas.

Reaction score
    Mass link was added ages ago, try holding the shift key when linking

I would appreciate an undo/redo button combo

Schema has mentioned a possible \"template\" system being added to the build tools, but this has not been confirmed. He has also expressed a desire to make players actually put a degree of work and effort into their builds, so don\'t expect it to become simple to build. Still Good ideas though

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would like an easier way to turn helf wedges because atm its a pain having to find the right angle by switching through all of them

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    @ Calbiri fixed my mistake, once you mentioned it I remembered that I had used mass link before and just forgotten about it.

@kiwionthemoon I added your suggestion to the OP.

Reaction score
    While holding control, scroll your mouse wheel, this is a very fast way to switch orientation once you become accustomed to it.