Building a Space Station

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, so, I want to build a space station. My question is, how do I get it into space if the build block can only be placed on a planet or a ship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Go play the tutorial, the tutorial is quick and easy and will tell you EVERYTHING(Except for the advanced stuff) you need to know about starmade...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have played the tutorial, I don\'t understand how to place the initial build block in interplanetary/interstellar space.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Go play the tutorial, the

Go play the tutorial, the tutorial is quick and easy and will tell you EVERYTHING(Except for the advanced stuff) you need to know about starmade...

Before I start, i\'d just like to say that saying this kind of thing is considerably unhelpful. The users come here for help, not to be redirected elsewhere again. While playing the tutorial will help him, simply presenting him with the straightforward solution to the specific help question he has is the better thing to do.

So you want to make a space station, hm?

First off you should understand the basics of what is required when building a station:

• Have plenty of hull blocks and [optional but recommended>] shield and power resources.
    • Have a build block for easy, quick construction.
    • Have at least 1 million credits to start the station.

You can buy the materials I mentioned above at a shop. Now, on to making the actual station:

1. Find a nice spot in space and go to as close to the center of a sector as you can; This is a cautionary measure to prevent ships next to it drifting away, if say you built the station close to a sector border. And to help reduce issues with any sector border-related bugs in the game, of course.
    2. Hit M to start a space station
    3. You should now have a small, purple diamond target with a hull block in front of you. Unlike ships, there is no \'station core\'; the station itself is destroyed when all of its blocks are eradicated. So they can last longer even after being heavily damaged.
    4. Build outward from your first block; After you\'ve built a little bit, it\'s perfectly fine to remove that first block and ones surrounding it if that\'s part of your design plan. Just remember not to delete all of your station blocks. The game will warn you if you attempt to do so, however.

Hope that helps! Good luck :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wish you could put Weapon platforms on the station, and have them controled by AI.

Reaction score
    When I want to build a Space Station and hit \"m\" nothing happens...Do I have the build block and the credits before i can hit \"m\"?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah i am pressing M and it isn\'t building a space station! Help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do you have a hull block in your inventory?

When you hit M you should place a hull block and get the option to name your station.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You also need at least a million credits to make a station.

Reaction score
    To start a space station you need to have a minimum of one hull block, a build block, and 1,000,000 credits, otherwise the M key wont work.

Reaction score
    I was unable to create a space station although I had 1 million credits and a build block. I also had hull blocks in my inventory and quickbar. I placed the build block on my ship and clicked R on the build block. This put me in build mode. I was then able to press M and build a space station. Hope this helps you.

I also wanted to mention the build block is under General in the store.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You need to have one million credits to build a space station. Get one million credits, then press M where you want the space station; it should place a space station block.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That\'s a very negative attitude. You really only have yourself to blame for this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You need 1m credits and you have be OUT of building mode and CANNOT be in a vehicle. And then press M

Reaction score
    1) Find ice planet.

2) Mine the shit out of it.

3) Sell blocks.

OK, now move your stuff away (ships, planets) and press M. You\'ll have 1m credits taken away and a new block to start your station off. Don\'t forget to show us it when its finished.

Reaction score
    If you really really want a station like right now, just get a faction block and steal one of the abandoned ones.

Make faction, drop faction block on the station, set as home to make it invincible, slap on a build block and turn it into whatever you wish. Then you can make it bristling with turrets and add a shop to it if you like. I like having a shop in my station because it\'s a good way to easily store blocks - just be near it and toss them in. No need to mess with plex storage and it neatly arranges them in categories for you, and you can even put your money in it so you don\'t lose it if you die.