Build Mode Waypoints

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So I'm working on a large station, and putting in nearly a dozen sets of small factory rooms with 3 factories, a refinery, and a micro-assembler each that all need enhancers. These are pretty small numbers of enhancers each (just 9 per factory and 99 per refinery/assembler), just lots of individual sets as they're going to be public use, permission blocks on everything for just whoever wants to come in and use them.

Due to the HUGE number of enhancers that will be used for the actual faction factories and my personal factories (I intend to have an armor line that can crank out 10k blocks a tick from nothing but raw mats, so thats 10k enhancers per factory, plus a paint factory at 30k, etc) I have an equally huge area set aside for them.

This station is roughly 1km x 1.5km x 1km in size. The public factories are basically in the middle, the spot for the enhancers is on the other side of the station. Its a long freaking trip to travel half a kilometer in build mode one way just to drop 9 enhancers and then fly half a kilometer back to do it all again 49 more times.

Would have been really nice to have some kind of bookmark/waypoint system where I could just designate two points and jump between them either instantly or at a greatly accelerated rate. Flying 50+ km just to give the newbs some crappy factories was a serious pain in the rear...

Reactions: Shadowed Draconian
    Reaction score
    What about a hotkey that instantly moves you to whatever block you have your cursor/little yellow box over? Basically, a /jump command in build mode except you wouldn't need to be admin. Though I'm sure the tryhards and knowitalls will figure out a way to make this OP.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The mushroom fleet server has player-trade-shops near the spawn.

Perhaps you can just use the same logic to trade ingredients for products - that is faster and you only need a few pull-connected storage-blocks connected over that long distance.
    The factory would then pull all ingredients from any input and replace products which aren't in store anymore.

You could also use passwords and product-counters under which to accept ingredients and give them the right customer later.
    You can make a bit-storage (8 bit product ID, 16 bit password?) with the 8bit*64 logic storage I released as community-content or make your own bit-storage with flip-flops (may be up to 4x smaller but more difficult to control).

Last edited: