Suggested Build mode suggestion

Reaction score
    I've been using Starmade off and on for a few years, recently I've been working on a complex build and I think a click and drag interface for block orientation would be very welcome - cycling through all the possible positions for a black gets tedious when you have several to do at a time.

Also that the shape "ghosts" would have sharp contrasting wireframes - dealing with complicated glass in particularl is a real headache.

In the same vein I think ti's also be great if the Advanced Build mode could be toggled off and on rather than only being available while its key is pressed down

Last edited:

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Always ready to support improvements in build-mode. Both good suggestions.

The fact that they have been brought up previously, more than once, should indicate to Schine that this is still an issue. There was a thread asking for better visuals when rotating crystal or black blocks and if I remember correctly one of the Dev-team said this was being looked at.

...Oh, and have you tried just unplugging it then plugging it back in? ;)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The bottom of a block (in original orientation) can be oriented in six different directions, and there are four different rotations for each of the six orientations. That's 24 different possibilities in extreme cases. I would add two more arrow buttons, so that the first two buttons toggle through the six base orientations, and the other two through the four secondary rotations. And it should support 2-way mouse wheels.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lukwan

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, I've been asking for outlines for build mode blocks for ages, because glass is indeed a monster to work with (as is black hull/armor).

One tip I can give you for the glass though:
    The game keeps position based on block shape, even across block types. So if you get a Grey Hull Wedge and get it in the position you want, you can then switch over to a Glass Wedge and it will be in the same orientation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I build all my windows in pink hull and once done use the replace tool to change it to glass or crystal armor.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I build all my windows in pink hull and once done use the replace tool to change it to glass or crystal armor.
    But you have to replace each shape seperately. It would be cool if we could just replace a block type with another regardless of shape.

PS: your Mars is on the wrong orbit.