Build Mode Mirror Image and Flip Tools

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you've created a giant ship with a large wing on one side and it takes a couple of hours to build that said wing. You would know that having to recreate the exact wing again but for the other side would be a real pain, right? So my simple suggestion is for a build mode to do exactly that, select a specific section of an area designated by the user, copy that selection and mirror it on to the other side of the ship, to then be placed with a click of the mouse like a normal block selection. If anyones played minecraft with the admin tools allowing the ability to select a large chunk of an area and copy it or undo that copy, you would understand what I am attempting to suggest.

Reaction score
    Buildmode already implements symmetry, it can be activated by using advanced build mode (pressing control or minus while in regular build mode) and activating the \"symmetry planes\" buttons.

A clone feature would be nice, and no doubt it is already in the works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I used the symmetry after I built the wing as it took a very long time to build the wing and engine on the right. So I\'m annoyed with myself that I didn\'t look for a symmetry tool before hand, yet then again I didn\'t expect to spend three hours on one engine.. I hope they implement a cloning tool to save me a fair bit of time in the future.

I\'m still in the process of building the other engine.