Build Mode Game Mode

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

You have single player and multi player mode, but I think it would be great if there also was a 'Build Mode Game Mode'. This would be a mode that you go into in the single player section (probably) and find - currently the only option in the single player mode is 'sandbox', so this would be something like 'Build Mode' or 'Creative Mode'.

In this mode you would have a massive open space with no other ships, asteroids, stars, space stations and shops (etc) to build in. There would be no credits as you would not need to buy anything and would not be able to go into a Flight Mode to go to a shop (there also would be no shops). But you would have an infinite amount of all types of block. And you would be able to build everything from Ships to Space Stations. Once you have finished building you would be able to save the blueprint to your local area (so that you could upload it somewhere later). You would also be able to test your ship in a 'Test Flight Mode' where you would be able to choose how you want to test the ship and what you would want to be included in the report given to you. For example you could test how long it takes the ship to get from A to B using different systems (e.g.: just thrusters and/or Overdrive and/of Jump Drive, etc...) or how your ship's different weaponry systems worked against different ships that you set for it to engage in combat with in the 'Test Flight Mode' or how efficient your ship is at salvaging different ships of different sizes and asteroids. You would also be able to choose whether you are operating the ship in the 'Test Flight Mode' or whether it is an AI.
    But of course once you exit the 'Test Flight Mode' any damage caused to the ship would disappear.
    And you would have a similar 'Test Mode' with Space Stations and you would be able to generate different reports about how well they did in certain circumstances like in the Ship 'Test Flight Mode'.

The 'Creative Mode' would also show you the Shields, the Mass the Energy, Shield Recharge rate and all of the other stats displayed in the normal 'Build Mode'. And it would also display the cost of what you are currently working on.

I know that Single Player Sandbox Mode can also be used as a 'Creative Mode' as you can add more and more money and get an infinite amount of things, but I believe that it is time to make a mode dedicated to the Building and Testing of Ships and Space stations etc...

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Panda, I implore you to do as comrade said in the other thread, to look up stuff before you suggest it. You're flooding the forums with things that people have said before. Please keep in mind that this game has been in development for years and over the last year, almost every idea possible has been suggested. If you are going to make a suggestion, I would say wait a week and post them all at once in a single thread.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Seriously, I'm going to start reporting your threads as spam. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt right now but every time I log in the three most recent topics have been posted by you. Contributing = ok, flooding = not ok