Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, like i said in the title :

I can place Build Block on asteroids, but when i try to enter them it say :

Cannot Enter Here.

Only ship can be enter at the moment

Is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks for your futur answers and sorry for my bad english.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wjat i hope it is is he fixed neing able to place a build block on planets and mine the planet. I bet you it means exactly wat it says, u can only edit ships with a build block, its kidna cheaty to edit anything else.

Reaction score
    But doesn\'t it kind of defeat the purpose of having a \'build structures\' block if you can\'t land on a planet and actually USE it to build structures?

I get that it makes it \'cheaty\' to mine a planet that way, but I certainly was disappointed the first time I plopped one down in a nice valley on a rather conveniently positioned planetoid, only to discover that I had to completely construct my facility there by hand.

Reaction score
    I read somewhere else in the forum that you need to place a faction block first before you can use the build block.
    Unfortunately when I tried that, the faction block didn\'t work correctly on asteroids.
    It did show the message that the faction was changed to my faction but actually it stayed neutral.

Can anyone who\'s been playing longer confirm that it should work?
    My guess is that this is currently bugged.

Reaction score
    At the moment the build block is best used for space stations or having a friend help you build your ship, I believe.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been placing build blocks on planets without faction modules, but asteroids cause problems... they don\'t allow build mode upon being placed.

Reaction score
    Had the same problem i wanted to make an asteroid station on my single... they should make it work on single only or something like that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This thread is pointless... theres a reason why their are salvage cannons & cpu\'s...

Reaction score
    This thread is pointless... theres a reason why their are salvage cannons & cpu\'s...

Then please explain how exactly to build an asteroid base with those

Reaction score
    Wtf is up with that? I mean, people try to make asteroid stations with build blocks, they fail. Schema should let you enter asteroid build blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah, same problem here. tried to make an asteroid base but cant.

i doubt its a feature to stop cheating- because it still works for planets and stations.

it should be a requirement to claim the thing first with a faction module before being able to place a build block on it i reckon.

Reaction score
    You can create a normal station, and cover it with rocks to make it look like asteroid.

Reaction score
    Couldn\'t the build blocks be made so they only effect player placed blocks? The would stop the mining exploit.

I was kinda annoyed when I couldn\'t put it on an asteroid.

I saw the post about space stations... But I can\'t find a way to build one from stratch.

Reaction score
    I just made asteroid base, thing is you need to make ship core with at least two horizontal 1-block extensions. Then orient it by using C and make same sized hole in ground. Spam C and press down till it fits, and lock it in place (i had my friend do it), and then you can build a stationary base on asteroid, as long as you don\'t release it (but then it will become a ship, can be cool also :P) Cheers!

Reaction score
    There is a better way to solve the mining exploit that does not kill the asteroid base mechanic.

Just make sure that a deleted object that has not been placed by a player is destroyed instead of being placed in the player inventory.

That way using build blocks to mine is rendered useless, but removing stone to build a station inside an asteroid is still viable.

Hope you all agree and that schema can consider implementing this. Farewell.