Build block + adv remove tool = OP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its just OP to add a build block to any abandomed station or planet you find and start removing it with the advanced build tool. It removes the usage of small salvaging ships. And makes the game unrealistic.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But I still want to be able to remove my own things.

But do not just remove this block - it is great as a second cockpid (to enter fly mode without having to go to your core).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah its good if you can remove your own things fast but its not good if you can use it to eat up a planet or so

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I agree that this a major problem in the game but how do you suggest solving it?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe make a variable - mainly for planets and stations - which stores the initial number of each block type.

You can only remove as much blocks, until the initial equals the current.

Salvage beams can decrease this number by removing these blocks.

BTW: you can also unbuild asteroids, but you need to set your faction with a faction module first.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That a really good idea! I deffinetly support it as it would make salvaging beams a necessary thing to have.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Rockets and AMC and other weapons should also decrease that number obvisly

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    what if we remove the build block all togheter? There\'s no use for it execpt from building bases and who at starmades current stage builds basen and then what is the point if someone can undo your base by placing their own build block? they shouldn\'t be able to be placed on planets, astroids and on well anything that you don\'t own so you can only place it on your ship or on YOUR station the you built.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Did you seriously just ask who builds bases? Every serious faction does, it allows you to build factories and have a safe place to dock ships. Removing build blocks is a bad idea, it stops 2 people working on the same ship aswell

Reaction score
    That wouldn\'t work, taking it away from planets, some people use planets as bases. You should limit it by making it so you have to have a faction block, and make it so you cant remove planary blocks by using build block (like how it won\'t let you remove cores).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes i asked that, how the hell am i supposed to know that factions build bases? Either way currently it would be better to remove the build block untill there\'s a better way to implement it again. and i did say that you could place build blocks on your things, so place a build block on your ship and have your friend jump in it.

Reaction score
    Why? I mean it isn\'t like it makes a difference wether you are in a faction or not, heck if anything it makes it easier, no one said you had to run it, it could just be you, so there really isn\'t a problem with needing a faction. Though I guess it really doesn\'t matter if a faction block was needed or not.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    While you make a good point, OP, we can\'t really change what the build block on planets/stations does. There would be simply too many downsides to limiting or removing the block itself. So, until the game develops to a point where we can address this issue safely, you\'re going to have to moderate the use of build blocks manually on servers.