Bug in default AI ship: Isanth_VI

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Isanth_VI comes partially damaged when bought or spawned by NPCs. You can see it when you look at the windows. Mine the windows and put them back, that fixes all the window damage. Other blocks on the ship may also be damaged.

Seems like the Isanth creator tested it before he uploaded the blueprint to the game. :P

I believe I have fixed it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30270697/StarMadeShips/Isanth_VI_Repaired.sment (since i'm not allowed to upload files to the Star-Made Ship section, uplink appears broken)
    I made no modifications to the ship, all I did was repair the windows, there may still be damaged blocks.
    Please check that there are no more damaged blocks Schema, I don't know how since the repair beam only repairs one block at a time and can't repair ship blocks that are burried behind others.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I always thought this was intentional, as it offered a clear and definite weak spot for players to hit

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Windows are already rather weak. You start out with enough weapons to easily take down the Isanth even if the windows were fully healed. It might just take one extra shot is all. Ah well, I created some more ships now. Looking for a better way to get them out than the current method.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Windows actually aren\'t weak at all. If you read the description of the PlexGlass block, it states that it is just as strong as normal hull!

Reaction score
    We actually have this same problem with our AI ships, except it affects ALL blocks on the ship regardless of which ship the AI is using (I\'ve created 10 or so pirate ships, and it happens with all of them, not just the Isanth-VI). :(

Reaction score
    Someone else has reported that damage to a ship occuring after the blueprint was saved caused fresh blueprint spawns to appear with the same damage to existing blocks. It could be the blocks are all damaged because of players fighting the Isanths repeatedly...

Reaction score
    i was the one that reported that, very anoying bug. i can confirm this is the case, as i have seen isanths spawn as nothing but a cor ebefore. (also seen them in other stated of disrepair, that was just the best one.)

Reaction score
    In relation to my post above, my clan leader found out that our problem was caused by us playing on Hardcore, where all the blocks have 20% more health. The ship was saved in normal difficulty where the blocks had full health, but when spawn into hardcore they kept the same level of health instead of being given the additional 20%, so they appeared damaged because they had less HP than the should have in Hardcore but were still at full health normally.
    Unfortunately, he solved it using SMedit, so I don\'t know of any other fix. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    HP of blocks is saved in blueprints, so if they\'re fully repaired when you save them and then you upload them somewhere with a higher max HP for some blocks (or all blocks), or raise the max HP on the server they\'re on, they will indeed appear to be damaged.

Reaction score
    Damaged blocks appear with a modified blockconfig.xml.

If you increase the HP of blocks in the modified config, the ships saved with the default one will not automatically adjust the HP of all blocks to the new value.

Example: normally standard hull has 100 HP, you modify the config to make that type of hull have 200 HP.

If you spawn a ship that was made with the config that assumed 100HP for the hull blocks in a server/world that is using the modified blockconfig, your ship will appear as if its hull blocks were damage for 50% (100/200 HP), since the value doesn\'t automatically adjust to max HP.

Maybe the Isanth was made at a time where glass had more HP than normal hull did, it could\'ve been done intentionally as well though.