Bug Bug - Damage Beams with Cannon Slave...

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This problem still persists in Current Release v0.163.

Greetings all,
    I have searched the forums and none have posted (at least as far as I can tell) any change on the damage beams with cannons slaved. The issue I am having is the reload time. Before the newest update and hotfix (v0.1617) the Damage Beams (say 10) with Cannons slaved (say 4) used to fire fairly quickly. Now it shows 10% for the buff on reload. I then changed the CoolDown buff from 10.0 to 40.0 in the blockBehaviorConfig.xml (as a test) and started my server back up. I then deleted both weapon systems and rebuilt the Damage Beam / Cannon weapon. And it still says 10% reload buff. Shouldn't it say 80% or at least be faster than 10% ?? Thank you for any info concerning this.

EDIT: After further testing and editing of the blockBehaviorConfig.xml
    I changed the CoolDown buff again from 10.0 to 50.0 and nothing else.
    After starting my server back up, the weapon now does half the damage, however the reload still stays at 10% but the damage numbers are reading their correct values as if the weapon has a faster rate of fire when in reality it does not.

Submitted Bug Report.

EDIT 2: After yet more testing, I think I know what has happened.....Before the newest update you didn't have to have equal amount of Cannon blocks to get the Damage Beams to fire faster to a steady stream. Now you do. I am not sure if this is intentional or not ,but that's how it is now.
    It still does not act appropriately if you change the CoolDown buff (to a higher number) in the blockBehaviorConfig.xml, it still acts the same.....instead of needing less blocks to achieve a steady beam stream.

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This problem still persists in Current Release v0.163.

As another test I changed CoolDown buff to 120.0

blockBehaviorConfig.xml
    starts on Line 497 the target Line is 514

<DamageBeam>
    <BasicValues>
    <DamagePerHit>5</DamagePerHit>
    <PowerConsumptionPerSec>500</PowerConsumptionPerSec>
    <Distance>500</Distance> <!-- reduced range versus other weapons to compensate for beams instant travel time -->
    <TickRate>0.1</TickRate> <!-- tick time in seconds, beam must remain on target entity or this timer resets -->
    <CoolDown>1.0</CoolDown> <!-- Time it takes to fire beam again from the start-time it first activated -->
    <BurstTime>1.0</BurstTime> <!-- Time the beam will fire -->
    <InitialTicks>0</InitialTicks> <!-- Ticks to do at the initial contact of beam with a block -->
    </BasicValues>
    <Combination>
    <Cannon>
    <HitSpeed style="skip" />
    <Distance style="skip" />
    <PowerConsumption style="nerf" value="10" linear="true" />
    <PowerPerHit style="nerf" value="10" linear="true" /> <!-- This is the damage per hit -->
    <Split style="skip" />
    <CoolDown style="buff" inverse="false" value="10.0"/> <!-- Time it takes to fire beam again from the start-time it first activated -->
    <BurstTime style="set" value="0.5"/> <!-- Time the beam will fire -->
    <InitialTicks style="set" value="0"/> <!-- Ticks to do at the initial contact of beam with a block -->
    </Cannon>
    more follows....but is not needed....
    So after changing the highlighted line to 120.0 for the CoolDown buff, I save the file, obviously, and start my server back up. Rebuild the weapon yet again (just encase) and the cooldown still reads 10% ,should it not read a faster percentage ?, since I increased the buff? For some reason you still need an equal amount of blocks to achieve Damage Beam constant stream, when according to the config, I should need less blocks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The weapon sustem display, and the weapon system in general, is really, really buggy (the worst one I've found so far far is the computer calculating the power consumption and damage for ion when using overdrive, yet it still gives ghe x3 damage. ???).

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The weapon sustem display, and the weapon system in general, is really, really buggy (the worst one I've found so far far is the computer calculating the power consumption and damage for ion when using overdrive, yet it still gives ghe x3 damage. ???).
    yeah, well, I am sure all will get sorted out. ;)