Boy, the things I do not know

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I'd written a post bemoaning how the power system math resulted in cubes being the optimum ship shape. Turns out I had completely misunderstood the information posted in the wiki and elsewhere. (Perhaps more examples might be helpful?)

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The optimum power plant is three straight lines of an equal number of modules, one line on each of the X,Y & Z axes.
    FALSE! You need to learn about power nesting my friend o -o
    While it is true the bonus increases based on the dimensions, you do NOT have to use stright lines to do so. A giant 2D L is just as effective as a staircase for example (up 1, over 1, repeat).

Furthermore, Formula for power is "((Xdim + 1 + Ydim + 1 + Zdim + 1) / 3 ) * 1.7" According to AndyP in this post So I don't see how equal length lines are superior so long as the sum of all lines are the same.

The single advantage cubes have these days is in turn speed, which is more or less being worked on.

Reactions: Criss
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Thanks CyberTao. This game is not exactly information friendly to newbies just yet.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Aye, that there is the most up to date and the official Wiki (found at the top of the page as well, next to downloads)