Borgeby WIP

Reaction score
    Greetings everyone, here are some pictures of my first detailed ship being built. I have spent the last 2-3 weeks on and off working on the interior. I have been building this soley for the purpose of RP not PvP. Never tried PvP probably never will.

From Aesir Enterprises I present you our Borgeby Class ships, our First Gen Forward Operating Command Ships. Originally designed to be a flagship, it has been redesignated to occupy the role of a forward staging point on the fringes of space. She will come equipped with turrets, shotgun cannons, and one main cannon. The Borgeby is able to hold 1-2 battalions of Space Marines with their own chow halls, scouts to patrol for enemy presence, and orbital dropships. Each floor has it's own color to designate what's located. Some of the currently planned rooms are:

Combat Operations Cell (complete)

Command Information Center (not started)

Weapons Room (completed)

Hanger (incomplete)

4 Squad Bays, possibly 6 (incomplete)

Firing Range (not started)

Officer Housing (incomplete)

Colonel's Room (not started)

Command Deck/Colonel's Office (not started)

Med/Sick Bays (complete)

Engineering Bay (not started)

Engine/Shield Room (not started)

Again, I built this for RP for me to use against pirates. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I have slowed down on building this because I don't want to ruin all the work I have put on the interior because of my lack of creativity for the hull. I know how I want the ship to look, but don't have the details down.

Reaction score
    I\'m currently building a more realistic ship myself.

Personally I think your interior to be oversized. At first, I built my bridge larger, but then I realized that it was about 10 blocks space between the holoprojector and the captain\'s seat. However, 10 blocks are 10 meters, which is way too much distance between them. For instance, I like your med bay very much, but beds three meters wide? :D

Of course I was also thinking of ways to make the hull more interesting and I believe building the interior first is not a bad approach.

There\'s a thread with a collection of ship\'s rooms, where I also posted a list of decorative systems, that will add some distinctive features to your hull. Example: If you take a look at the second shot in my thread, you\'ll probably recognize the white thingies at the top of the ship. These are radiator panels that are part of the command section\'s cooling system. You probably can add quite a lot of cooling stuff, as without air, radiation is pretty much the only way to get rid of excessive heat.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    What\'s wrong with emperor sized beds?

Reaction score
    Thanks for the input. Unfortunately if you wanted to make everything realistic size you wouldn\'t be able to get all the detail you would want in things. But, to fix the med beds the red portion is the actual bed. The white blocks surrounding it would be where the glass tube goes over to begin reconstructive surgery.