Bobby AI

Reaction score
    I've figured out how the a.i. works for the turrets, but whenever i make ship A.I., they just sit there getting shot or get bumped and float away dramatically.

Perhaps someone could explain the Ship-A.I. mechanic to me? Like, the 'Any' setting. Even when shot, they do nothing. Same for the target-select one. I'm rather lost in my attempt to my a Carrier.

First post!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have made a few attempts trying to use the turret system and have not had any luck so far. Either I am doing something wrong (quite possible) or they currently don\'t work.

Reaction score
    In turrets they need to have a faction core so they know what the fuck to shoot at.

In ship you need to also have a faction core, but also ENTER the ship core and select AI Config, i have not tested this yet but maybe more advanced AI commands will appear there.

Reaction score
    1st make sure you have enemies, trading faction and other factions are considered neutral by default, you need to go to war with other faction in order the ship to work.

also make sure you didnt enter the ship core after setting the Bobby AI Module

you can always let them shoot at a tager by putting: Aim At: Selected Target
    in order to select a target, hover your + on it and press F

also make sure there is enough room for them to fly in.

hopefully this clears some things up

Reaction score
    Yeah, much appreciated. Didn\'t know aobut the F-Key targeting. Thanks :3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there any way to make the ship AI bump into another object, to use it as a bomb or missile (with the disintegretor at the end for a large payload)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yea ive got that idea with missile to but didnt find a solution

Reaction score
    Ive figured it out i beleive!

Turrets: The A.I. Module must be adjacent to what you want it to control, so if you have one on a ship core, attach a Weapons CPU or Missile CPU to it, then it will rotate the ship core to aim, and fire the computer to shoot, i beleive this also works as a sort of \"wiring\", if you use more AI modules you might be able to connect an electrical wiring system to other things, such as salvage cannons, repair beams, or thrusters.

Ships: Same as turrets, but if my wiring theory is correct then you can connect thrusters to them, and they will then move to stay in line with their targets, or possibly just aim and fire the thrusters too. The latter would allow for suicide drones.

I will return to and edit this post as i continue my tests.