Bobby AI on 3 Rail Dockers - How to?

Reaction score
    I want to have a ai controlled turret at an angle of 45 degree. Is that possible? Do I need another block than the rail turret axis and the rail docker for the immobile base part that shall permanently be bend at 45 degree? 20160626164925_1.jpg

I mean does the bobby AI work if I use something else like the rail rotator clockwise or anything else as base block?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You can use a rail rotator linked on an active activation module block to turn a docked entity 45 degrees, then place on the other end of the docked entity a rail turret axis on which you would dock the turret normally.

In short, that dock shown inside the hull near the power can be a rail rotator and the turret will work.

Bench made a video on how to make rail rotators do exactly this.

While he shows a full control method, you for this thing just need a rotator, an activation module turned on, and then dock the thing and watch it turn 45 degrees. You can link multiple rails to the same 1 activation module, so you only need 1 activation module for all of your 45 degree turret hardpoints.

Reaction score
    Okay I try that out. Does an AI turret work on such a base?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes, because a turret doesn't care whether the turret rail axis is on the mothership or a static-docked entity (aka docked to a rail basic or rail rotator); it will behave on the rail axis the same.

Reaction score
    Just remember: The rail rotator is the master, the activation module the slave. Get it backwards and you'll undock your turrets.
    You only need one 45* rotator. Use the ability of ships to have 0 connections between pieces to place turret docks with this ghost ship, wherever you need a 45* turret.
    In other words, use the one rotated entity to make all of your 45* turrets.