Blurry skins

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is a very simple issue that I am currently having with my brand new skin. As stated, when I make my skin, it becomes as blurry as heck. as a demonstration, here are a few screenshots:

This is what I get as a PNG:

And this is a screenshot from in-game:

so, with that shown, any solutions? (remember, I do have photoshop on standby, keep that in mind)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Yeah, I've been running into the same issue while designing my skins as well :/ Try giving a skin stubble around his mouth... you end up with a terrible blob face man, its gross! :P The most annoying issue I've had is when you try to make a single pixel light that glows (say red on a green background) looks great in photoshop or on the png, but in game it turns yellow... just cuz, or makes the pixel beside it glow, even when double and triple checking the EM skin. Detailing is difficult to put it best unless you work with starkly different colours in lines thicker than one pixel for the majority of the time. Still fun though! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've found a few settings under the advanced settings in the second screen of the launcher to reduce the blurriness and discoloration (thanks to Crusade for that), but I still have some general blurriness going on. Still waiting for some advice from those who are more familiar with the game before I delve into some deep technical jargin. For those listening in, Windows 8.0, basic Nvidia graphics, all with default settings (except for texture compression, which has been turned off via the advanced settings in the launcher, and a few other settings that are not related.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    as a reference, my skin with the improvements to the settings mentioned:

better, but someday I wish that my skin would be crisp and HD-like.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The skin files are 256x256 pixels, when zoomed in like your above image, you are using more pixels to show it than there were available to create it. It gets distorted and blurry as it distributes what was once a single pixel size of information over several pixels of monitor space.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Try turning off all the texture compression settings in the advanced settings bit of the connection setup, I got my skin looking much cleaner, and block textures look alot nicer aswell.