Blueprints should be used to modify existing entities

Reaction score
    I understand that there may or may not be a shipyard update in the near/far future that will allow/require blueprints to be used with specific factories or whatever. (In other words I have no idea about any concrete details about this; I've been playing Starmade for only a few months now and haven't really read much about the roadmap (if it exists at all)).

Regardless, until a shipyard system is implemented, blueprints should be useable while in build mode. Ships that are heavily damaged are often a nightmare to repair, and it is tedious to virtually build the ship again after every fight. The workaround for this is to disassemble the ship and spawn a new one from a blueprint; however, even deleting the ship can take a while if the ship is very large, while restoring the ship can cause some information to be lost (since from what I understand certain things don't save in blueprints).

Furthermore, as of now spawning in a ship using a blueprint makes it spawn in a location relative not to the player but rather to the sector, and sometimes this means that a ship will spawn far away from a player. This is especially a problem with spawning in a station using a blueprint, as you have no control over where it will spawn (which is a problem if you are like me and try to keep your stations within range of existing shops).

Existing blocks should not be modified by blueprint modification to make it impossible for players to mine away entire planet plates by simply putting down a build block and "modifying" it using a blueprint with nothing else but that build block (which would otherwise delete any blocks that were not in the blueprint and add the blocks to the player's inventory).

TL;DR
    I would like to be able to: 1) use blueprints to modify/repair ships by adding blocks and connections that are missing while keeping existing blocks the same; and 2) use blueprints while in ship cores or build blocks to have greater control over where an entity will be made (using the core or build block as a seed or reference point for where the entity will be made from).