Blueprints: Buying All At Once

Reaction score
    Hello everyone, I have a quick suggestion that could possibly be implemented pretty quickly. My suggestion: we should be able to buy all the blocks required for a blueprint that the player already has in their inventory by a click of a button. For example, say I have a blueprint for a very large ship, It gets very frustrating having to search every item in the search bar and then having to type how much we would like to buy and sometimes we forget how many blocks of the item is required so we have to go back to the blueprint, scroll very slowly to be able to find the item in the blueprint and then go back to input the amount. Now there could be a button(maybe called, "Buy All"?) that displays after being near a shop, maybe under the 'info' button when a blueprint is right-clicked. When this button has been clicked (the "Buy All" button), it should buy the smallest amount of block in the blueprint to the largest from the shop, and then put it into the blueprint directly instead of putting it in the player inventory.

Please feel free to comment any suggestions that could possibly go along with this suggestion. Thank you for taking your time to read the thread.

Reactions: Lecic and Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I agree. I make shopping lists for the grocery store - why not for my new ship build?

I'm not sure how I stand on directly inserting into the blueprint, though. It kind of feels like that could be gamed - get a blueprint requiring a bunch of common components, buy them for the blueprint in the shop, and they now are on your person but not taking up inventory slots. If you cancelled/deleted the blueprint, presumably the items on the blueprint wouldn't be deleted, they'd just go back to your inventory. Players could use that kind of like a portable storage that's always with them.

It's a bit off-topic, but maybe while you're in a ship, if you buy items at the shop, they go into a designated ship storage block if your inventory is full? That way, you could still buy parts for complicated blueprints that would normally overflow your inventory.

Also, what's your thought on purchase order? Is smallest amount to largest best, or would most expensive line item to least expensive be better? Perhaps alphabetical?

Last edited: