Blueprints - As an Item

Reaction score
    Blueprints as an Item, with set properties.

Allow the sale of ships from shops too.

With the addition of Shipyards (both player / faction and NPC owned) Will make for a new source of income for players / factions.

A Blueprint of a ship when created will have options.

# of copies allowed Locked/ Open and Cost

The # of copies is how many times the blueprint can be used to make a ship. -1 is unlimited copies.

a Locked Blueprint will make it so a ship made with this blueprint can not be saved to the catalog. (Perfect for selling ships from your shipyard/ Shop)

And the Cost of the blueprint - How much your selling the right to reproduce the ship for.

So a Blueprint might look like this

FF_Hunter (1,L)(500,000)

The Hunter class Frigate is designed for patrol and to support larger fleet vessels.

Shields(80K) Mass 1100

Armament: 2 Heavy AMC(800) , 2 D1000 (400) 5 Anti-fighter turrets(3x80)

1 small hagner- with shuttle

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    cannot be

blueprints are a FILE therefore it cannot be a ITEM

Reaction score
    - That makes no sense, that is like saying the hull block is a file there for it can not be an item. All of the Items in game are files.

Right now a blueprint is saved in the catalog, what I want to change geting ships from the catalog to a blueprint item. With the blueprint you can make a ship.

With a blueprint as an Item ship designers can sell there designs from the shops.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A fine example of the awesome stuff the community comes up with. Blueprints are still a bit wonky for me, and I\'m still trying to figure out how to use them, but this would be great for newer players.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Excellent Idea. I don\'t generally play on servers myself, so personally wouldn\'t find it useful, but I think it would be an awesome addition to the game nonetheless.