Blueprint item player ownership, "Unsavable", and "Unmodifiable" flags

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Blueprint items that can be loaded up as designs in shipyards or spawned in open space should have a flag that remembers the original owner player/faction of a blueprint, and two checkboxes for the blueprint - "Unsavable" and "Unmodifiable". If an NPC sells the blueprint via lua, then the blueprint defaults to the server as being the blueprint owner and the Unsavable and Unmodifiable flags can be enabled in the NPC's sales script if the server admin so desires.

An Unsavable blueprint cannot be saved to server or saved to local by any player at all after it has been spawned.

An Unmodifiable blueprint totally disables Build Mode for that ship/entity.

The protection against saving or modifying the blueprint persists throughout the entity's existence, and does not go away unless the original creator of the blueprint item in question goes out and disables those flags on the ship itself personally, via the entity structure tab.

This would permit Shipmaking factions to exist successfully, prevent easy blueprint theft, and encourage trade between players.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps, but you can't deny it to the server owner.

Also it would reduce the amount of available community content and give a penalty for peoples uploading it into community content (as nobody would pay in-game-credits for these creations anymore).

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Perhaps, but you can't deny it to the server owner.

Also it would reduce the amount of available community content and give a penalty for peoples uploading it into community content (as nobody would pay in-game-credits for these creations anymore).
    I'm talking about the blueprint metaitem, not the ship's save file <_<

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I know.
    • How would you like it if your server owner "steals" your stuff? Now it is clear that it belongs to public once uploaded.
    • And still, as soon as you upload it in community content, nobody would buy it ingame anymore (everyone has it locally, maybe hacked).

Winterhome

Reaction score
    I know.
    • How would you like it if your server owner "steals" your stuff? Now it is clear that it belongs to public once uploaded.
    • And still, as soon as you upload it in community content, nobody would buy it ingame anymore (everyone has it locally, maybe hacked).
    Many shipwrights don't upload work to CC, and server owners generally don't steal stuff. At least, not server owners on large, populated, and respected servers. I can see some twelve year old asshole in some backwater server with 4 players at peak hours on a weekend doing it, but generally you stay away from those places anyway.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Disabling buildmode on a ship makes no sense. Once you buy a car you can do anything with it that you want. Why should a space ship be any different. If I was renting or leasing the real owner can take me to court.

As for the rest, server.cfg:

BLUEPRINT_DEFAULT_PRIVATE = true //If true, set blueprints private as default (else they are public)
    AUTO_KICK_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Kick players that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_ID_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Ban player by name that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_IP_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Ban player by IP that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_TIME_IN_MINUTES = 60 //Time to ban in minutes (-1 for permanently)
    MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_TOLERANCE = 0.1 //Tolerance of modified blueprint trigger (default = 10%)

There a few others as well. Just search for 'blueprint'

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Disabling buildmode on a ship makes no sense. Once you buy a car you can do anything with it that you want. Why should a space ship be any different. If I was renting or leasing the real owner can take me to court.

As for the rest, server.cfg:

BLUEPRINT_DEFAULT_PRIVATE = true //If true, set blueprints private as default (else they are public)
    AUTO_KICK_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Kick players that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_ID_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Ban player by name that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_IP_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Ban player by IP that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_TIME_IN_MINUTES = 60 //Time to ban in minutes (-1 for permanently)
    MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_TOLERANCE = 0.1 //Tolerance of modified blueprint trigger (default = 10%)

There a few others as well. Just search for 'blueprint'
    Wrong kind of "blueprint", and wrong kinds of settings. I know what's in the configs already.