Blue lava, yellow water, purple poison?!

Reaction score
    I just had a look in the minerals part of the shops and found stuff like Blue/red/black/etc. lava and water and stuff.. and i thought: "No way.. awesome! blue lava would look awesome on my ship :D" *clicks buy* ("This is old technology and we are no longer selling it") "Awww.. :( nuuuu!"

But i haven't seen this before in any updates (maybe because i haven't checked in the materials) and i still cant tell if this is an upcoming feature or something, or was a feature that was abandoned or something? I don't know whether to be excited or let down :/

Does anyone have some info to share about these mysterious colored water/lava/poison(?) blocks?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Not multiplayer.. this is in singleplayer.. (running off a locally hosted dedicated server)
    If this is an upcoming feature i'm looking forward to it.. particularly blue and black lava ^-^ Perhaps it's not fully added yet as it has no texture? :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    These are all place holders for the old L1, L2 minerals. They are just there so you can sell them back if you want. They don't do anything.

Reaction score
    These are all place holders for the old L1, L2 minerals. They are just there so you can sell them back if you want. They don't do anything.
    Aww.. really? I was really hoping they'd be an upcoming feature.. but then again maybe they will be? why else would they call it "Blue lava" and stuff, plus the layout would suggest that the capsules could be used to craft these blocks.. perhaps by dyeing or something?

So maybe these placeholders could be a feature after the old ores are sold (or completely removed)?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would rather like it with lights as computer and lava blocks as slaves :p

Lava can never be blue. I is red because it is hot.
    Water however can have different colors, but I would like it being altered by under-water lights rather than again a dozen blocks.

Poison? who sells poison? Let's kill these filthy traders!!! :D

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is this really lava or mainly molten sulphur?
    Can you also proof that black lava (which is hot enough to drain on an astronauts health) exists?

You have teached me a new thing Calbiri

Reaction score
    Reactions: AURAvulpes
    Reaction score
    Can you also proof that black lava (which is hot enough to drain on an astronauts health) exists?
    Well.. when some lava cools it does become black.. like the one's in Hawaii..

Also.. about this "Lava".. lava is basically molten rock and stuff right? So what if the lava here has this color because of it's composition? like the color of the rock that's become molten, or maybe the ores it contains? ;)

Reactions: OdraNoel

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I was talking this way about black lava, because light can not be pure black.
    If it is dark enough and your eyes are sensible enough, you can see it. When it is too cold to emit any light, is it still hot enough to seriously burn somebody?

I would like to see vulcans ingame. And Vulcans (Spook, Tuwok (I hope I wrote it correctly - I am more a general technology+sci-fi fan, no star-trek fan)

And I want to see oceans - even if it is only super-cold CO2 ... or ... Lava :D

Reaction score
    I figure this may be used as a type of slag from refining crystals or minerals that could be used in traps (drops victim in it, fills room with poison gas and so on.) Or, it could be used on new planets: Obsidian would be great solid terrain on lava planets, sulphur lava and poison gas good for gas giants ETC.

Reaction score
    I figure this may be used as a type of slag from refining crystals or minerals that could be used in traps (drops victim in it, fills room with poison gas and so on.) Or, it could be used on new planets: Obsidian would be great solid terrain on lava planets, sulphur lava and poison gas good for gas giants ETC.
    Yeah :D That would make a lot of sense, especially the planet terrain and stuff ;) The water on planets could also change color from it's composition.. In fact, it might not even be H2O water, but an entirely different liquid..

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I assume that the blocks are placeholders for the new planet generation revamp (?), which is why they currently don't work. Apparently planets will now use the new colorful rock types, among other awesome things. (Ore veins, a new ground cover system, etc.)