Blocks placed since update disappearing

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've been experiencing a problem where blocks that have been placed on my current build since the 0.14 update (this was started before update, could be important) seem to be disappearing over time.

This is an example of whats been happening with this ship:

That was a solid dish when i left it, now it quite clearly isnt. Strangly the sections that are still there are bits i rebuilt after the first time this happened.

I also ran into a problem with this ship after the update where it had strange areas that where in shadow and wouldnt let me build in them (i dont have an example, but the faces of a few blocks i wanted to build off of where very dark) after removing a block and adding blocks 10 at a time with advanced build mode it removed the effect. I'm wondering if these two issues are connected or not.

The version is 0.14. I have changed nothing in the game, no mods or anything like that. But i did try turning on break off and collision damage (not at the same time though), this ship was not touched at that time though, and i've turned them off now. Other than that the game is exaclty as it was following the update.

Zip File of my log folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pv0e2gj7zho4vv4/logs.zip

Has anyone else been having problems like this?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sections of my work in progress capital ship disappeared after the update. As well as sections of my space station. Its really anoying to fix these holes I hope this gets fixed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    about october-november last year. Hasn\'t happened since though. I think it was the server shutting down unexpectedly, but I\'m not sure.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The game, SP or MP uses a auto save that happens every so often and when it shuts down, could be that your game isnt saving right?

Also, the black faces sounds like a \"Chunk not loaded\" things, in which you cant build until the chunk is loaded (Chunks are 16x16x16 cubes).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Maybe, but if it wasnt saving right, would that affect stuff that i didnt do in that session? I\'d loaded the game up a few times after i built that and it was still there.

However if that is the case, and its not a problem with 0.14 as such, this could be fixed by going to a backup and redownloading the update right? As something must broken