Blending plex doors

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I did made plex doors look like water (force field) on local.

You could try to make more different parallel with custom blocks and ask for make them default.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If youre looking for custom blocks, namely forcefeilds.... http://universalse.boards.net/ ;)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    And if you\'re looking for a survival server with those blocks - http://starmade-servers.com/server/354/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    1+ to OP, as it would also let us label hanger doors. Also, we have multiple blockIDs acting as plexdoors, could we also get plexdoor wedges?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Or if you want a creative server with the blocks, here http://starmade.windoom.com/index.php :3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Plexdoor has a block ID of 122. (In between the AI module and the build block) Currently my assumption on the system would be that when a plexdoor block is activated, it checks its neighbors for blockID == 122, and then activates those that match. If the system is changed so there are multiple types of plexdoors, it would be prudent to change the value of plexdoor to a higher value in a large open range of IDs, so that only two comparisons need to be made (say, blockID >= 361 && blockID

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    what if plex doors functioned like frames in buildcraft (i think that is the right MC mod). opening a plexdoor would \"open an blocks in contact with the plexdoors. so say you have a layer of plex doors and a layer of hull on top of them. you could open the door from either side just like plain plexdoors but you would be able to creat uniform doors that blend in with the outside of your ship.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This would give plexdoors armor without adding another block. Actually you could decorate the inside too

But: that can be annoying when open 1 plexdoor and all hull parts around (3x3 field) open too.

It could work, if a plex door opens only hull blocks in a right angle to 2 other plex doors on different x/y/z sides

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    are annoying. I actually prefer the texture packs with plexdoors that are more distinct from the hull textures because that way I can see where the door is. Also, having the plexdoors open adjacent normal blocks would wreak havoc with exsisting desgins.