Black Hole

Do you like this idea ?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
    • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
    • Yes,But I want to change something (write in comments)

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hello again ! I have an idea with black holes...

They would be invisible,and can be detected just by radar...
    If you are in the field of black hole,you still have a chance to escape,but your ship will be very damaged...Homewer,when you cross the event horizon,you will be destroyed imiedatly... Every Sixth system would have black hole... it would give some realism to travelling in space,and give us some adventure...

Black Hole Radar:
    Price: 10 000 c
    Crafting:
    250 Sapsun
    500 Hylat
    Energy cost: 1k

Homewer,in the multiplayer,other players can report them,and the Black Holes would be then visible in the Map... sure,just those black holes,that were detected...

I think that it is great idea,to add realism to game,and make travelling a bit more fun

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sounds fun, but I think the existing scanner system with an active "ping" should be all that's needed to detect a black hole.

Also, instead of being completely invisible, I think they should have a very small "distortion" or a small bilboard picture, where the center is blacked out and stars behind it are shown as flatted slivers around the edges of the hole, to simulate light being bent around the event horizon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    All I really want to see from the current black holes is a better visual effect. Maybe something along these lines:
    that looks awesome , maybe there could be a debris field just outside of the event horizon that haven't been pulled in yet (small items) the challenge would be to collect these without becoming debris yourself.

Reactions: jayman38

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think this could work its simple and as opposed to being invisable
    I like the rippling effect better than a spiral, myself. It's easy to make a back void in the background by applying an animated lens flare. The image I shared above actually looks like a window to its destination because it's a wormhole, but I don't think Schema would have to get that detailed, as cool as it would be.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I like the rippling effect better than a spiral, myself. It's easy to make a back void in the background by applying an animated lens flare. The image I shared above actually looks like a window to its destination because it's a wormhole, but I don't think Schema would have to get that detailed, as cool as it would be.
    I agree with you there

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello again ! I have an idea with black holes...

They would be invisible,and can be detected just by radar...
    If you are in the field of black hole,you still have a chance to escape,but your ship will be very damaged...Homewer,when you cross the event horizon,you will be destroyed imiedatly... Every Sixth system would have black hole... it would give some realism to travelling in space,and give us some adventure...

Black Hole Radar:
    Price: 10 000 c
    Crafting:
    250 Sapsun
    500 Hylat
    Energy cost: 1k

Homewer,in the multiplayer,other players can report them,and the Black Holes would be then visible in the Map... sure,just those black holes,that were detected...

I think that it is great idea,to add realism to game,and make travelling a bit more fun

So much for this game being science fiction based. There is pretty much no science or based in reality to this game.
    And we continually see suggestion like this one.
    http://hubblesite.org/explore_astronomy/black_holes/encyc_mod1_observatories.html

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Black holes can be seen by how they warp starlight around them. Their effect also very visible in the in the RF spectrum.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nope, still can't see how there would be singularities on any scale smaller than galactic/cluster. That and they are quite visible actually.

Reaction score
    Black holes should be relatively small, maybe a sector wide, but when you get to the outside of galaxies, they can take up entire sytems, or even larger. Oh, and you probably shouldn't be able to get them on radar until you are about to be in the event horizon...