Big plexdoor with detectors kills client

Reaction score
    I have a 63x61 plexdoor, with detector mesh (detectors only roughly on every 10th block) on both sides. I have logics to open up the door and keep it open for 20 seconds, then close. The logic has been tested and works. When I go through the door as an astronaut, it works.

When I try to fly through the door with my 50x20x50 ship, as soon as I reach the detectors, FPS -> 1 and basically this kills the whole client. Obviously something goes haywire when a big object hits a detector field...?

Reaction score
    Nobody other than our players are seeing this? Really? This situation kills consistently our player's clients, which are of different HW, so cannot be a personal issue. BTW, no mentionable lag seen at server end - only client is taking a severe hit when flying into detector field with a big ship.

Reaction score
    Hmm, now that I think of this, I might have set up my detector field too close to the plexdoor. It is only 4 blocks before the door. I am suspecting the game goes into heavy collision detection between the ship and the opening plexdoor, because I'm too close to it when the ship triggers the opening.

Have to test out my hypothesis by moving the opening detector field further away from the door.