Better turret firing control:navigation & targeting selection separation and more options.

Reaction score
    I had some ideas a while back, but never got feedback on the old forum (must've been buried under other posts):

I think we should be able to select two different radar targets. One for navigation purposes, and one for targeting purposes. The difference would be that the targeting selection would blink red and be the only one responded to by turrets, allowing for a bit better control of what they shoot. Holding ctrlalt or some other key could differentiate between which one you want to use when selecting something.
    The reason I think this would be good is that currently tracking a target for navigating to it or avoiding it means that turrets also hit it, which is not always desirable.

I think the current options of "any" and "selected target" are insufficient. It would be nice to have additional ones. One I think would be great is "retaliate", which makes all turrets fire on any ship that has fired upon you recently.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
    Reactions: rece ktore leczo

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    AI is to be overhauled with the Dave NPCs (which you control with Ctrl btw :p) but that would be handy yes o -o Being able to set priority Targets would be Handy in a Fleet battle, when the Game can handle it.

But yeah :u Definitely would like to see more AI options