Better Pirates

Reaction score
    I think schema might be planning on actually adding better pirates already, but I think it would be cool if pirates were better in lots of different ways.

TOPIC 1-PIRATE WEAPONS: I think it would be cool if pirates had exclusive weapons only salvageable from their ships. Like as if some pirates could have slightly worse weapons than the regulars in the shops, but some could have much better, more detail in the next topic.

TOPIC 2-PIRATE TIERS: Currently, pirates seem a bit overpowered with new players, or when a good ship isn't available, but as you get better, you can easily take them down with one hit. I think that it would be cool if there were different tier pirates, either based on how long you've played for, or some algorithm that detects how many pirates you kill in a certain amount of time, therefore making bigger, stronger pirate ships, possibly with a unique design to each. I would personally reccomend having competitions on better tier designs. The better tiers would be fster, stronger, and have more powerful weapons than the base ship, and the lower tiers would be slower, weaker, etc., etc.

TOPIC 3-PIRATE MOTHERSHIP: I think it would be extra cool if there were motherships randomly to be found but a lot rarer than regular pirate ships. If there were motherships, they would have to be massive, and I mean MASSIVE. Like bigger than 7 pirate bases in one. They would have plenty of turrets and would send out seemingly endless waves of high-tier pirate ships. The only real way to destroy it would be to take out its almost indestructible shields, which of course would be actually possible, and blast it with billions of missiles, exposing the core, or to fly INTO the mothership with a stealth ship. The core room would be quite large, along with the passage to it, and be sort of death star style. Once the core would be deactivated you would have a very long time to salvage the remains judging by the size of the ship.

I hope you enjoyed my ideas and support this suggestion :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I do think the faction block for the pirates should be removed on the station, or the ablity to deactivate them easy.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I\'m against pirate motherships, because pirates aren\'t really a single unified force. They are a collection of smaller forces. If they are a single unified force, then, well, they aren\'t so much pirates as an empire, considering their complete domination of the galaxy if we count them as a single unified force.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We really do not need anything that makes the game progress in a linear fashion. Currently if you want harder pirates then just set more pirate ships to be enemy usable.

Any \"pirate\" improvements should be more along the lines of general AI faction improvements both expanding the trade guild and pirates or better yet giving admins full control over the AI factions on their servers. I would like to see PVE expanded were the universe is actually populated and not just waves of pirates and the occasional trade convoy. Of course you would spawn in friendly space protected by the local ships making it easier to survive on your first ventures into space. Of course the more out in space you get the less likely you are to find friendly ships.