better build mode

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey there guys,

I was just building a big part of my ship when i realized, that it would propably look cool if i had another one of it. Then i came up with the idea of having a copy and paste function, and some other cool features from programs like world edit for minecraft...

Things like the copy and paste would really speed up the building process and would even be possible in mulitplayer. The other functions propably too since you just limit it to the amount of blocks the player has in his inventory. But things like the paint function(hope u know which one i mean) maybe cause some lag

but i guess the awesome starmade team will find a way:)

please comment if u agree or disagree

cheers:)

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I completely agree but with one small difference. Rather than copy/pasting from the ship you are building you could select a portion of a ship which you could then load in when building a completely different ship. This way you could build and save a 400dmg amc, then whenever you want a 400dmg amc on another ship you can simply load in the one you saved earlier and place it on the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That sounds cool there should definately be something like this in the game. Since building is a big part of it there should be some more \'good\' functions than the mirrror thing, which definately is a great timesaver already

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about a move function, where we can select a series of blocks and move or copy them, keeping their assocations (like weapons computers)

Also, some way to get turrets without having to either a) make them individually on the ship or b) admin-spawn them in and dock them to the ship? I would think having a \"summon\" block that you buy from a shop with blocks and then place on your docking port, thus \"summoning\" in a copy of your turret onto the ship, already docked.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah as i said in some other thread the docking system should be changed totally since it is completely mental^^

But i really agree on the auto dock function that would be great:)