Belphaegor Class Frigate

Reaction score
    Re-post from old website. I've updated the interior design to take advantage of recent changes (I.E: gravity blocks) but the exterior still looks pretty much the same.

Stats:
    Mass - 16989.4 Metric Tons (172760 blocks)
    Size - 350 m(L) x 70 m(H) x 125 m(W)
    Power Generation - 2079065.5 @ 534737.6 e/sec
    Thrust - 6082.4 N
    Shield Capacity - 322708 @ 10000 s/sec (8000 blocks), Recovery 3.0
    Weapons - 14 x AMC Turrets, 10 x Heavy AMC Turrets, 2 x AMCs (fixed Prow-mount), 40 x Heat Seeking Missile Launchers (fixed Prow-mount)

Hangar (Including four Jackdaw Class Shuttles):
    starmade-screenshot-0000.png

View from Docking Control:
    starmade-screenshot-0012.png

Launch Tunnel (looking aft):
    starmade-screenshot-0010.png

Bridge (looking aft):
    starmade-screenshot-0003.png

Bridge (looking forwards):
    starmade-screenshot-0016.png

Front View (Launch Tunnel closed):
    starmade-screenshot-0004.png

Starboard View (Hangar doors closed):
    starmade-screenshot-0006.png

Dorsal View:
    starmade-screenshot-0008.png

Having a few issues with uploading at the moment (just keep getting error messages) but I will make the blueprint available as soon as possible. I'm also working on a 1km Battleship and have designs for two 500m Cruisers, another Frigate and two 150m Destroyers....got lot of work ahead of me.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hmm, how can you have such a large ship with so little shield? The norm for a 350m long vessel is around 1.5-3 million, not 300k.

Other than that, the ship looks wonderful! (But SD KB will target your own turret rather than enemy ships)

Reaction score
    I have had friendly fire issues with the missiles but ripping out the entire system is a big job :-(
    As for the shields, yes they are a little weak but they recharge fast.
    I've found from experience that against another capital ship, she won't last long but the turrets enable her to provide close-range fire support for larger vessels. The frigate is designed to hover in the blind spot of Cruisers and Battleships to protect vulnerable flanks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Missiles and turrets currently do not mix, since SD KB is a "Stupid" missile that goes for literally the nearest heat signature. (Up to and including friendly fighters and turrets)

I would suggest removing the missiles for AMC, or some more shields. The speed of shield recharge is directly related to the amount of shield you have, the more shield block, the more it regenerates per second. However, this is disproportionate, so it isnt 1 block of shield = X more shield regen as more shields lead to a the amount of regen each shield block contribute.

Other than that, as I said, that is one wonderful looking ship!

Reaction score
    Well thanks for the advice, I feel a refit coming on.
    Currently building a 1km Battleship/Titan along the same design principals, which is taking up a lot of my time