Be able to change direction of top and botton of camera

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to be able to determine the bottom/top of a camera

for example right now I'm building a ship that changes from a vertical to a horizontal flight mode, however any cameras I put in will always have their bottom towards where the bottom of the core is. This makes it really awkward to control in the vertical mode.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If you are using mousewheel steering you can only control your ships' rotation from ship cores or forward-facing cameras which IMHO is total BS. I think cameras should allow for the same amount of control even when they are not facing forward. This would allow for much more precise manuvering especially when it comes to docking or landing on planets. All you have to do is have it to where your ship controls are always the same relative to the direction your camera is facing. Already they do this for linear movement/strafing - if I look out the top facing camera where my ship's station docking ring is located, I can move up or down with W and S and forward/backward with X and Z, however I would like to be able to control my ship's pitch and roll with mouselook (which normally controls pitch and yaw when facing forward), and yaw with Q/E or Ctrl+mouselook (normally for roll)