NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    1 Build Block (BB):

• Produces 1 build-points/s.
    • Increases the object's limit by 30 build-points/s.
    • Requires 10 power per build-point produced.
    • Requires x build-points per block. (Maybe dependent on cost or blockconfig)

Ship core is either unlimited or worth 5..10 *x BBs (x depends on what 1. schema and indirectly server-admins and community like it to be)

This stops BB abuse, balances in-combat repairs on capitals, etc.

• Make them have 0.x build-points per HP-point + x.x build points per amor-point or x.x build points per effective-hp point...
    • Balance similar to amc damage or reload per additional block in your array.

What do ya think?

EDIT: Please scroll to my second post for more details.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So this is about having the Build Block require power to add/remove blocks? If so then support.

Reaction score
    anything that adds limit I am against, but if you make this an option to where people can change it to make it that way if they want, then alright. Options, choice, so people like me can enjoy no limits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It is not a limit per say becuase you just need more power if i have understood this correctly, to use the build block.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I see, that I should provide a better explanation:

Currently, you place 1 build block on a planet, and completely salvage it.

Like ante185 said, it is not a hard limit.

• Increases the object\'s limit by 30 build-points/s.
    • Requires 10 power per build-point produced.

That means, that you need 2 block types and 30 (maybe 40, just one type doesn\'t charge BB-points) seconds to charge up

• This nerfs the salvage of asteroids (faction module, set to own (don\'t have to stay there!), use BB), because you are more likely to slavage your own blocks.

Removing is a lot faster (per block) than doing. This nerfs rapid-remove without nerfing rapid-do. The 30 seconds storage should help to balance occassional 10^3 placements. :) It is good for RP - no instant 10^3 borg cubes :)

It works even better if the last actions are not instantly submitted to the server, but queued / undo/apply(leave build mode)-able, so that placed+removed blocks don\'t drain anything while you stay below 1000 blocks difference.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So let me get this straight: Stations (and maybe ships) get a new property known as build points. Build blocks provide build points, at a power cost. And how exactly are build points translated into whether or not a build/remove goes through?

Reaction score
    Why not just not allow a build block to break down planets? You can only remove what youve placed. That way you have to clear out your plot before you begin building via the build block?

I understand the desire to limit the abuse of the build block to tear down a planet, but really the vast majority of the ideas ive seen are just plane silly. Hell, most people can build ships to devour a planet fairly quickly.

1. Build a salvager
    2. Salvage a station
    3. Invest in more salvage cannons
    4. Make massive salvaging ship
    5. ???
    6 . Profit?

Its really not that hard to surpass the build block\'s 10x10x10 brush. Hell, the \"best\" idea out there ive seen to gimp the build block is to just make it very expensive. That way you cant get it early game. If you do manage to rush a build block, you could have made invested in a salvage ship just as effective as the build block.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe, but: peoples want to build with terrain. peoples want to build on planets

And you can exploit shops with expenive things even more. hulls (for example) are limited to 10\'000 stock and you can\'t drain a shop with just 1 thing.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Make it so you can only remove blocks you\'ve placed with the build block.