Battlefleet Gothic Imperial Cruiser

Reaction score
    It isn't battlefleet scale, but that scale is insane; however, this is still a work in progress and I am liking how it is coming together!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc223/Mazakare/INCruiser_zpse3233de9.png

Reaction score
    Reworked the broadside cannons to be more to scale and to be more representative of the model.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc223/Mazakare/INCruiserWIP2_zpsdfd63e0f.png

Reaction score
    Started working on the back fin section. The more I add and tweak the happier I am with the result.

As this is my first ship here I am concerned with what I am going to do with the inside and the whole power/shields issue, but I will stomp that snake when I get to it.

When I am finished I will post the model I am using as a blueprint.

Obviously a few things have to change due to a smaller scale and the limitations of set block sizes; however, I plan on staying as close as possible in order to remain true to the genre.

Reaction score
    Moving forward and about to work on the \"wings\".

Reaction score
    Further Progess

Cleaned up some lines to make them look more appealing to the eye because some of the small details just didn\'t look good in scale.

And a different angle.

I think it is coming along nicely.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You\'re right, it is coming along nicely, to be honest, i didnt think you would be able to pull off a good looking bfg cruiser at this scale, but its looking pretty nice!

Reaction score
    It is around 160 blocks in length, so it is about 1:10 scale for the insane BFG scale lol.

I figure that is a respectable length for a \"Cruiser\".

I plan on making a whole fleet too.....I will probably be bald from the stress but it will be worth it to see them all in formation! :D

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    My only suggestion for you is to vary the color of some of the detail work. The ribbing on the end would probably look really nice if it was white or gold, you would have to play around with the colors a bit.

Reaction score
    Nearing completion!

Just have to make the turrets now.

Door 1

Door 2 and 3

The doors are symmetrical between the engines.

Reaction score
    @ jzimmerman

I agree but that can come later as i fine tune it and tweak it to my heart\'s content. The basic shape, and function, was my first goal. This is my first ship in this game and I am trying to learn as I go :)

Reaction score
    And 100% complete

Everything triple checked, cleaned up, and squared away.

Now on to the next!

Reaction score
    This is a nice ship iv\'e seen some pretty crappy copies of 40K stuff and this is the best so far

will it be up for purchases?

Reaction score
    It is up for download under IN Tyrant Class Cruiser.

It functions, but it could use with some reworking of the power cells. I didn\'t understand reactors so that could be tweaked but it has more than enough power to function :)

Reaction score
    For maximum reactor power, put power blocks in straight lines [without the lines touching each other.] The longer the lines, the more power you get.

Reaction score
    yeah...i learned that after I had moved on to a second project.

I had to strip that second project and just didn\'t have it in me to strip the cruiser too lol.

Maybe some day.