Batch file?

Reaction score
    Howdy all. Great game with incredible potential - Thanks to Schema and team.
    Of course, as a new player I have started a new 'world' or 10 just to test out ideas and build away a bit in single player. With each new world of course I spend a bunch of time typing in '/giveid...' a lot of times to fill up on blocks I'll need. I was wondering if it's possible to run a batch file within game to cut down the amount of time I spend entering all these guys (if so what would the command be - I've tried a few of the most common ones I know of) I suppose if I generate a new world, stock up and then save a backup copy of it I could just delete and replace it as I go - that's my plan for now. hopefully I'll remember to start saving my ship designs.

Anyway, thanks again. Looking forward to playing this for a long time.

~J~

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    An easy way to grab blocks with commands is to select a shop and use the /shop_infinite command. Though you really shouldn't need to create a new world every time you want to test something new, space is big and there are new and empty sectors out there.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also, if you are feeling brave, you can edit the "<install dir>\data\config\GameConfigDefault.xml" file, to give new players on your single player games (including yourself) specific sets of blocks.

You may need to visit the official Wiki (linked in my signature) to get the right block IDs.

Reaction score
    I generally give myself a few hundred million credits, find a store, and buy whatever I need, using /shop_restock as necessary.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    /give_credits, build a base (one block w/ shop module to start), /shop_infinite

I don't even bother to keep an inventory, trashing things regularly.

/give_slot also comes in handy when I want to restock something on the fly.