Basestar

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So me and a buddy decided to build a Basestar from Battlestar Galactica and this is what we have so far. We plan to finish the body before we flesh out the interior. Also this is a space station not a ship so this will most likely end up as our faction's permanent home.

http://tinypic.com/r/2dqrkw2/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2e1hjpu/5

Let us know what you think!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Looks awesome!

make some cylon raiders and dock them under the arms of the basestar like in the series.

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pretty badass, very difficult to do but you have a pretty good start. Are you going for any particular scale? Is there a reason people make stations imobile instead of as a ship? I didn\'t realize it makes them invincible but it would be a shame if we can\'t have a battle because of that...

Have you thought of doing the classic basestar, as a ship perhaps? I always thought they looked tougher.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Reason we did it as a station is because we didn\'t want to break the server. each arm is 258 blocks long from center with a legth of 515 blocks, Making the ship fit in an area of aprox. 115,360 blocks.

its current mass is 87,407 blocks about a fourth of the way finished.

In short its to damn big to fly around. However I am trying to get our server owner to export our sector so we can upload it here. We\'ll keep you guys posted.

Reaction score
    Are you sugesting that my dreadnaught is too big to fly around? It is 614 blocks long, 165 wide, and 124 tall

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well my point was less so you could fly it around and more so it would be damagable in a battle. Or is it only a faction block that does that? I\'m still learning the bounds of the game...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    its a station, not a ship, but with enough turrets, anything that comes near will become kentucky fried human.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Already have some nice turrets designed. Its actually almost done, just need to finish the bottom and center. I\'ll post some more pictures tomorrow. Once the body is done we just have to fill it up, add turrets, and dock some AI cylon raiders on it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would love to see a screenshot with all the turrets and ships docked to it!