Barracuda by montecristo

Reaction score
    As with my last post, I did not make the original ship. I only modeled and rendered it within Blender. This is the un-textured model. The textured version will come soon. Ship_Render#1.jpg Ship_Render#2.jpg

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hey I suggest you just have one thread where you put all of these. Otherwise finding the others will eventually become cumbersome and you don't fill up screenshots with threads.

Reactions: therimmer96

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Are you taking ships people make and turning them into 3d models?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Looking good.

The textures are including the bleed section currently. If you needed a tiled hull texture or just a single one in high res, i'd be happy to send them your way.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Lovely work. Would be great to use as promotional material.

Reaction score
    Looking good.

The textures are including the bleed section currently. If you needed a tiled hull texture or just a single one in high res, i'd be happy to send them your way.
    Sorry for not getting back to you in a timely manner Kupu. I would love a high-res texture.

Reaction score
    Brown ? Erk ... I prefer grey .
    The biggest problem with model these ships is the textures. Modeling is half the work. Once I've UV unwrapped the skin, I use Gimp to create a custom skin which is then placed on the model. As the ships get larger, the skins get more and more complicated. I've tried to model and texture a larger ship in the beginning but found that it would take a very long time. Also, I rarely deviate from the original colors in the game version. I'm not creating original designs, I'm only creating the models for a future project? ;)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Would you do my Edge Patrol Frigate? It's a lot bigger than this but I think you could handle it.

Reaction score
    Would you do my Edge Patrol Frigate? It's a lot bigger than this but I think you could handle it.
    Sure, I'm finishing a ship at the moment, but I can start in a few days at the latest. The ships that I am modeling will be used in a project further down the road. I'm not just whimsically modeling ships. Could I use the ship model in my project?

Reaction score
    logandavel Wow! I just logged on this evening to find this surprise in the fanart section (although I seem to be late to the party, embarrassingly). I'm honored you tapped my blueprint for modelling; the render looks great! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    logandavel Wow! I just logged on this evening to find this surprise in the fanart section (although I seem to be late to the party, embarrassingly). I'm honored you tapped my blueprint for modelling; the render looks great! :)
    You're welcome. :)

Last edited by a moderator: