In Developement Balance the the Loot for better economy (with poll)

The economy in Starmade should be:

• dynamic and Player driven

Votes: 2 14.3%
    • static and Admin Controlled

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • like it is now, it`s perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • dynamic, PLayer driven but with Admin controllable configurations

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    Hello,

i`m playing Starmade since 1 or 2 Month now an it`s great.
    But when playing, building an fighting i`m always run into the economy in this Game.

Consider this:
    - Building a nice Fighter
    - Fighting some pirates
    - get GIGANTIC LOOT Clouds with tonns of Loot with an income of 5-100 Millions per Loot Cloud
    - want to sell those Looted Items on a Shop... STOP, not enough money or too much items
    - searching for a Shop in the whole Galaxy that takes your Loot... no chance
    - building tonns of Cargo Containers to store this items...

The economy of this game is a mess and should be redone.
    - the Playershops are great, keep them, make them more usefull (maybee with a system to get factionspoints?)
    - Give the Admins more Configuration Control over the Shops
    - Add some rare Trader NPC Convoys where rare Items can be sold and bought.
    - The economy of a quadrant should be dynamic, if an item is often sold, the price falls

Actually if the economy would be dynamic there are for sure some Traders out there who will join our Communiy :)

Added a 30 Day poll to get an overview of the Community choice.

Reactions: Zunghan
    Reaction score
    I think it´s only realistic that shops can´t buy everything. At a special point every big company has problems with paying for everything at the same moment.
    But I see your point and I would suggest that the trading stations have a much larger limit or may no limit for them to buy items from players.

Its more realistic that you can sell all of your stuff at a gigantic marketplace than at a local supermarket... ;)

I also shouldn´t know what to vote for because for my opinion there is no option :D

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Abolish loot clouds! But really, the amount of loot and the random-ness of it ruins any attempt at a balanced economy really when you can get 10k of <Very expensive block>. The root of your problem is not the shops, but the absurd looting.

Shops could use more options in the config somewhere though. Player based trading is something that can't really be controlled though, a lack of shops and a balanced supply-and-demand would be needed.

You'd have to explain "rare items" though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The amount of loot that pirates drop is server controlled. Once other things are balanced and implemented I'm pretty sure the economy will get work done on it.

Reaction score
    Improving the in game economy has been a slow but long term project we have been working on for some time, and continue to work on in addition to the other content of patches.