Automatic Turret Design

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Huh, just ran into this the other day. Didn't know it existed, figure it means others probably didn't know either.

I was building a new ship in my shipyard and went in to add a docked reactor through Create Docking. I just gave it a generic name, Ship Reactor 1, didn't think twice about it.

It loaded in the massive docked reactor I had built for another ship that had the same name. Heh, was a pain in the ass to delete because it was a custom fit reactor that had all kinds of twists and turns in it...

But still, haven't tried to do it intentionally yet, but it looks like if you Create Docking and just give it the same name as a docked entity you already have, it will automatically load the full thing up for you.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Awesome find! This might be useful, especially for those who want to plant multiple instances of the same turret design all over their ship. But will there be naming conflicts after the first turret is placed? (E.g. If you place a Turret Medium 1 down, and then place another Turret Medium 1, will the new turret still be planted and be auto-renamed to something like Turret Medium 1_2 or something like that?)

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Don't know, I've been busy working on a mega station in creative mode to blueprint over onto a server, haven't had a chance to just sit down and tinker with holo turrets yet.

Reaction score
    The engine tends to add suffixes to the naming of similar items. You'll have things like 'turret_01'