Automatic personal factions

Reaction score
    It seems that one of the biggest incentives for joining a faction is the use of the facion block and the advantages that it brings - namely that players of another faction cannot enter the systems of another faction's ship.

However many players, like myself, are reluctant to join a large faction and prefer to go it alone, at least to begin with. In order to benefit from a faction module I often create my own private faction. Many others appear to have this idea as I see servers awash with one-man factions.

A solution to this would be to have players automatically placed in their own faction, rather than being placed in one big neutral faction. These individual factions cannot be joined and they do not show up on the faction hub. Players can join other factions as they please, and when they leave another faction they return to their personal faction.

Having this system in place would mean that fewer one-man factions are created, cleaning up the faction hub without having to introduce caps or other means of controling the number of factions (there can only be 5 factions per server/ creating a faction costs 100,000 credits, etc).