Automatic Hit-open carrier doors

Reaction score
    I need some help i have watched serveral videos on diferent things to help me get a idea of how to make a blast door open when my carrier is hit,to let all my drones out of the carrier im doing it by activators somewhat near the core and i need help with this next part i really dont know how to make it a consistancy thing like i can get it to work for every 2 activators hit but i want it to be 1 but i have got as far as a or-logic then i have messed around for the past 3 or 4 hours tring to figure it out i have looked at other forum posts and saw something about you cant do it directly but i will be glad for any help and if there is a better way to do it please say it

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Are you talking about having them open when you take damage?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It's pretty hard to detect when you're hit. Damage detectors need asstons of connections before they're at all effective, and that only works when you have already lost all of your shields and have started taking block damage. Enemy detectors would be a lot more efficient, but they run the risk of deploying when you're next to a pirate station or something.

Reaction score
    you could base it off of AMS so that it works when you come under attack from missile fire, also you could add a (AND) logic so that you can have a kill switch for more control.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Here is a link to one of Heillos' designs: Enemy Detection (Model II)
    It worked well for my carrier. Just one thing to note: Enemy detectors sometimes glitch, leading to an impromptu launching of drones. Easiest fix is to add them to a fleet and use the command to redock, but you probably already know this. :)