Automatic Doors

Reaction score
    Hi All,

Just rented a couple of StarMade servers and am building some stations before going public.

Is it possible to create automatic doors in StarMade using logic gates and stuff? All the videos online are of animations.

Thanks!

Reactions: Mariux

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Area logic triggers, or step on triggers :)

Reaction score
    Great thanks, just to be clear (as I saw a lot of suggestion posts), these triggers already exist right?
    If you want to see it in action, start a new game, and jump around from station to station until you find the new derelict ship they recently added. It has doors that open as you walk up to them and automatically close. Jump into build mode and you can see the logic right next to the doors inside the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There's some video tutorials on youtube which show how to make basic open/close doors from area and step on triggers and hanger doors connected to the dock module inside the hanger, and there's one that shows how to make animated doors (these are pretty cool).

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There's some video tutorials on youtube which show how to make basic open/close doors from area and step on triggers and hanger doors connected to the dock module inside the hanger, and there's one that shows how to make animated doors (these are pretty cool).
    I've looked for those, but they are all for a person triggering it, not a ship. I want to have a ship trigger and then close again, but the moment it hits the second trigger it closes before the ship is through, which causes all sorts of problems.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've looked for those, but they are all for a person triggering it, not a ship. I want to have a ship trigger and then close again, but the moment it hits the second trigger it closes before the ship is through, which causes all sorts of problems.
    The best way for a ship is to connect the doors to an activator block sitting under the dock module. When you undock, the hanger doors open. Dock, and the hanger doors close. I have this at my station if you want to come see.

***EDIT. I left a demo of the dock with auto door at your station.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Cablestinks
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The best way for a ship is to connect the doors to an activator block sitting under the dock module. When you undock, the hanger doors open. Dock, and the hanger doors close. I have this at my station if you want to come see.

***EDIT. I left a demo of the dock with auto door at your station.
    Docking wasn't what i had in mind, i am installing a door over my warp gate, and need it to shut after i'm through. i figure delay logic would be in order, but nothing i try works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Docking wasn't what i had in mind, i am installing a door over my warp gate, and need it to shut after i'm through. i figure delay logic would be in order, but nothing i try works.
    Ah I see. I left another present at your station. Auto delayed door closer.

Reactions: Cablestinks