automatic anti drift thrusters

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Flying a fighter is a difficult task in this game when you're talking about how effective you can be against a larger target. It relies mostly on its maneuverability to avoid incoming attacks and to stay out of way of turrets while avoiding crashing into larger objects. The key is to make the ships mementum translate into its turning direction quickly. You can do this now with the strafing keys, up down left right. However, it's very very difficult to be accurate while doing this and to fire your weapons at the same time. My solution is to dedicate a portion of thrusters to this task. When the computer is active, the W key will activate auto anti drift causing your ship to fly more like an airplane in atmosphere at the cost of thrust. When deactivated, you drift like normal and recieve your normal thrust again. The computer would also drain some amount of energy to preform these maneuvers as though it were on overdrive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    not really sure what is so hard about strafing.... and this idea isn't very clear, you may want to explain it a bit more.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, I think he's talking about all the jinking he has to do while strafing, that reduces it from a milk run to a furball where you rarely have an opportunity to get off one good, opportunistic shot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm talking about the automatic flight controls that will make a small high thrust fighter capable of taking tighter turns by emulating an airplane that translates forward momentum into radial momentum using the air, except without the air, it would require a large amount of thrust to do the same kind of turning. I want to make fighters funner to fly, and much more viable in combat.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Try holding down the left shift key while moving with WASD.