Automated Repair System (Post Battle System)

Good idea to work with?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
    • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
    • Maybe?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    The idea around this involves two new items. One is a block that you can install onto your ship/station, while the other is designed to be a "fuel" source, for lack of a better word, for the system installed on your ship/station. Now how the system would work is simple, you buy your ships blueprints then input that item into the block on your ship/station then add the blocks, a.e. armor, power and shield systems etc, it is comprised of. The system will then "fill in the gasps" on said ship/station. Now for damage blocks this is where the new item comes in, instead of replacing damaged block the system would just repair them using the new item as building material. Now for a system like this to be balanced I was thinking it can only be used if not receiving direct fire to the hull, not the shields, and would take an avenge of 30 seconds per block to replace and or repair. For the more advanced blocks like weapons and advanced armor and avenge of 1 minute, but that's just my option could be less, could be more.

Reaction score
    Maybe instead of having this as a passive think, make it only work when being hit with an astrotech, the power/healing goes to the block, which replaces and repairs across the whole ship. This buffs the almost non-existent repair class of ships. Though I dont know how this will play into the new HP/armor update, or shipyards

Reaction score
    I wouldn't be surprised if full repairs where a shipyard function, with repair drones restoring HP to "stabilize" a ship.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Shipyards and Astrotech beams. That's really all that needs to be said on the matter.