Recognized by Council Autoconnect laser and freight transfer laser

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I tryed to build a automatik deploye system and came up with a problem:

Currently there is no way to connect wireless systems automatically (the wireless logic module).
    So there is no way to have an entity doing something remotely wtihout having it connected by hand once.

The solution could be a beam, which will connect a wireless logic modul attached to it to a modul hit by the laser.

this way a drone could be autoloaded:
    -> build
    -> attache by laser
    -> launch

the next thing i thought of, there is currently a similar problem with cargo-systems.

As cargosystems are fun to have and moving big chests arround, there is no way to automate the loading process onto a docked entity.

Same resolution could be a freight transfer beam which transfers the cargo from a connected chest to a chest hit by the beam.

What would you think abbout it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well.. it could be possible if the rail docker could be activated via logic--which it can't be at the moment. If it could, then logic could detect that the canister has been undocked, then fire the docking beam on the other side of the canister. A pad of rails could then direct the canister inside the base.

Reaction score
    I think i even read about an idea of allowing the transfer of docked entities to a rail next to it. But i am not quite sure if this was a suggestion of the devs for further updates or a user suggestion.

But thats exactly what i am hoping for.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Magnetic Rail Docking is an upcoming feature. Here is a link: https://trello.com/b/9Kg5Jn6g/starmade-roadmap

As I understand it when a docking port comes within a specified distance of a rail it will automatically attach and start moving along the rail.

Once this is implemented you will be able to:

1) Build a chest with 2 docking magnets on it (top and bottom)
    2) Place it on a Rail 1 in the cargo bay
    3) Extend Rail 1 outside the cargo bay so it lines up with Rail 2 which belongs to a ship
    4) Detach the chest from Rail 1 and have it automatically attach to Rail 2 (if it is within the specified distance)

Then it's just a matter of having the cargo rails in one ship extend and line up to the cargo rails in another ship.

Alternatively, you could use a push system to jettison the chest+port out into space and have a ship fly up and catch it.

Reaction score
    You could even make them on the bottom if they work like this, one or two apart and let the rails come in range of one of the magnets.

With this or similiar to this planet, there now needs to be a system to transfer the fright to a container and to automatically connect it to the new entities logic system (for something more complex, might be even a kind of robot).

And we are back to the thread topic:

A kind of fright laser and an autoconnect laser for the logic system

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This could also work on carriers. Just fly your fighter into the docking bay and have it auto dock, move into position, and even move onto the launch catapult if there isn't a fighter there already.