Ask Gravypod

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If you were a meme, what meme would you be?

EDIT: Ignore this, serious questions below! :)

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Serious questions: (sorry if some were already asked)
    How often will you respond to people on the forums? How long will you be able to give genuine responses to all the half-assed ideas people bring before you start getting frustrated?
    Are you going to be bias'ed towards one set of issues and not the other? What issues are the closest to your heart? Do you already have a set list of issues that you want to lobby for? How much clout do you have in the system?
    How the actual expletive did you get your server to become THEE largest starmade server right now? Why do you have so many people on ALL THE TIME? How did you sucker in those great admins to work for you for no pay? How much does it cost you per month to keep it running? Will you be upgrading it any time soon? How powerful is it, exactly? What do you hope that the server will eventually become? What is a good, consistent amount of people that you hope to see on? What are the signs of a healthy server? Any advice on how to run a server? Or is it all trade secrets?
    Do you think Schema needs a team of coders, and not just himself? How will he recruit/pay for a team, and what would a dream team look like?
    What do you think of Schema? Do you know him personally, or have you spoken with him at all? What is he doing right, and what could he be doing... better on? What do you think of the staff/management here?
    What do you think of the ship sizes as of late? If you were to redesign the ship class chart, what would the new masses be?
    What is your relationship with the other "semi-famous" people in Starmade? Do you respect their views, disagree with their views, etc? What about your relationship with the staff? With me? :p
    Are you in school? What are you studying in school? How is it going?
    Do you have a job? How is it? Will this new job/volunteer position affect your real life job?
    What kind of books do you read? What kind of movies do you watch? What is your favorite genre?
    How confident are you about winning a seat? If their were only 8 seats, and you ended up coming in 9th, who would be the guy right above you in 8th you think? If you weren't elected, who would you want to be elected in your place?
    What do you think about these questions? Am I doing it right?
    How crazy ar- Ahem. Do you believe we landed on the moon? Have you watch the Apollo documentary videos made by NASA? (they are like 20 minutes long each, made in the 1970's.) What is your stance on climate change? Do you think republican governors banning discussion of climate change in their office's will finally rid the globe of this threat? Is it a threat? Do you believe that political scientists that are paid to write bogus articles (happens on both sides) could be the main cause of American's distrust in Science?
    How much of an astronomer are you? What do you think of Pluto?
    What kind of mouse do you use, and what is your favorite one? What does your setup look like?
    If you were a meme, what would it be? What is your favorite meme? Reaction image? What is your least favorite? What do you find most annoying?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If you were a meme, what meme would you be?

EDIT: Ignore this, serious questions below! :)
    Obviously fefe.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429222924,1429221001][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Serious questions: (sorry if some were already asked)
    I'll do my best!

How often will you respond to people on the forums? How long will you be able to give genuine responses to all the half-assed ideas people bring before you start getting frustrated?
    People already bring them to me and I'm still adequately sane.

Are you going to be bias'ed towards one set of issues and not the other? What issues are the closest to your heart? Do you already have a set list of issues that you want to lobby for? How much clout do you have in the system?
    Here are the things I am pushing for in order of importance to me:
    1. Modding/plugin API
    2. Better security in the game
    3. Better blueprinting and editing
    I always listen to people as they come to me, so I have a few things written down in places to keep things fresh. A lot of my interests are getting the game playable for epic battles.

How the actual expletive did you get your server to become THEE largest starmade server right now? Why do you have so many people on ALL THE TIME? How did you sucker in those great admins to work for you for no pay? How much does it cost you per month to keep it running? Will you be upgrading it any time soon? How powerful is it, exactly? What do you hope that the server will eventually become? What is a good, consistent amount of people that you hope to see on? What are the signs of a healthy server? Any advice on how to run a server? Or is it all trade secrets?
    It's simple: let people prove to others what they are good at. No matter what anyone says, they like attention to things that they excel at. If you make a platform that makes it so people can do that, you will have people who come and show off to people.

You like building massive and extremely powerful ships? We are not going to stop you.
    You like PvE and just staying away from others? Ok, that's fine. We wont stop you.

Whenever I used to play on other servers it would be like I accidentally stumbled into Stalin's Russia.

Do you think Schema needs a team of coders, and not just himself? How will he recruit/pay for a team, and what would a dream team look like?
    Yes, and I have offered to help for free. There is no real dream team, you just need people on the team to run triage while schema runs around and adds the great features he wants to the game.

The game, right now, is all "wow" and no polish.

What do you think of Schema? Do you know him personally, or have you spoken with him at all? What is he doing right, and what could he be doing... better on? What do you think of the staff/management here?
    I have spoken with schema but I do not feel that is appropriate to comment on things we talk about off the record. The staff is a complicated issue and I don't feel like, with the current rules, I could state my opinions without being banned. Many have tried before, and from them we see a textbook example of the Streisand effect. Even talking to the staff about concerns puts one on a rocky path that is... difficult to navigate.

What do you think of the ship sizes as of late? If you were to redesign the ship class chart, what would the new masses be?
    I think one of the great things about voxel games is that they don't form a small little checkbox sheet for people to fill out. That is what is amazing about them: they give you the tools to create, not a guide to creation. I'm the strange kind of person who is a huge proponent of Lego selling boxes with no instructions, just a bunch of blocks.

People shouldn't need to do something, they should find something they want to do. If the ship class chart is the thing I'm thinking of then the change I want is for it to be forgotten as it will only limit what people will see as "viable" in design.

What is your relationship with the other "semi-famous" people in Starmade? Do you respect their views, disagree with their views, etc? What about your relationship with the staff? With me? :p
    I'd rather not comment on interpersonal drama or, again as I said earlier, about things that are off record. I do feel that therimmer96 is a cool guy and I agree on quite a few things with him.

Are you in school? What are you studying in school? How is it going?
    For the next month and 1/2 I'm a high school student. I've been accepted into NJIT and I'm looking forward to that. The only thing I'm looking forward to from my current school is leaving. If you want to know how I feel, just listen to Pink Floyd - The Wall.

Do you have a job? How is it? Will this new job/volunteer position affect your real life job?
    I don't have a job. I do, as I have said before, volunteer in community theater. I do set construction, lighting, and sound work. The last show we are doing for now will be over in a few weeks so past that I do nothing.

What kind of books do you read? What kind of movies do you watch? What is your favorite genre?
    Fahrenheit 451, TKaMB, The Curious incident of the dog in the nighttime, and right now A Clockwork Orange.

A Clockwork Orange, The Godfather, everything Quinton, 007, FMJ, Office Space...

....and....
    ...of course...

Serenity
    There is other stuff that I didn't list, I don't really think listing everything would really help. I think my TV taste is more indicative of me.

• Wilfred
    • Archer
    • A Young Doctors Notebook
    • Breaking Bad (this is needed in everyone's list)
    • BoJack Horseman
    How confident are you about winning a seat? If their were only 8 seats, and you ended up coming in 9th, who would be the guy right above you in 8th you think? If you weren't elected, who would you want to be elected in your place?
    therimmer96 definitely deserves it more than I do.

What do you think about these questions? Am I doing it right?
    Uuuh, I guess? I don't know if what I'm doing is right most of the time. Just go with it really!

How crazy ar- Ahem. Do you believe we landed on the moon? Have you watch the Apollo documentary videos made by NASA? (they are like 20 minutes long each, made in the 1970's.) What is your stance on climate change? Do you think republican governors banning discussion of climate change in their office's will finally rid the globe of this threat? Is it a threat? Do you believe that political scientists that are paid to write bogus articles (happens on both sides) could be the main cause of American's distrust in Science? How much of an astronomer are you? What do you think of Pluto?
    No but I'm the kind of nerd who has a backup of the OS for the Apollo lander that was released some time ago. I also lol'd at how they didn't compensate for a gimbal lock. They are REALLY lucky they didn't roll on the pitch axis because they would have gotten #rekt.

If you consider Pluto a planet do you consider the hundreds of other "planets" of it's class in the asteroid belt out there valid? Not me.

I think people don't think rationally when scared, that is why we don't trust scientists. Like when the CDC tried to classify GRID as AIDS, they had push-back because people didn't want to accept they could get it.

What kind of mouse do you use, and what is your favorite one? What does your setup look like?
    If you were a meme, what would it be? What is your favorite meme? Reaction image? What is your least favorite? What do you find most annoying?
    I don't really care about the mouse, it is not that important. The keyboard needs to be nice though. I have a G15 version 2 right now but I need something newer.

My setup:

Yes, I'm a slob. This was taken after hell-week when I got home at 3AM every day after a show.

My favorite meme is obviously fefe. Get off my board you f**king norm-ies!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Nice Kandinsky rug....

So, THE BIG QUESTION: Chicken gravy or Beef gravy?